Thursday, January 2, 2014

Influenza update

Another day and I am feeling much better.  Overnight, whenever I was awake, I thought about what I needed to do.

Yes, I needed rest and the story of the past three days has been napping.

I also thought that during the holiday season, I had not been eating properly.  I usually keep close watch on my food intake, making sure I am getting proper nutrients.  I was eating cookies, candy and fattening main courses. That had to change.  Today, I had my homemade vegetable soup for lunch. It has a tomato base, which is Vitamin C.  There are carrots (beta carotene) broccoli (a cruciform for Vitamin B6) beans and peas (more Vitamin B).  Tonight, I decided I needed more protein and had a pork sandwich.  

I decided min-afternoon that I needed a lot more Vitamin C so I made a big orange/banana smoothie.

It all must be working because tonight I am fine save for a dull headache, a big improvement over yesterday when I thought bombs were exploding in my brain.

Now I wait to see if Gary gets through without the same flu.  If he does come down with it, I owe him all the tender care I can manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment