Friday, December 27, 2013

Reaching a Goal

The Black Coffee Fiction blog Wade Peterson, Bettyann Moore and I write is only 99 "hits" before we reach 20,000.  We sure would like to reach our goal by the end of 2013. 

This week's short story by Bettyann Moore is about old women standing their ground. http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com/2013/12/they-might-be-monsters.html  I suggested to Betty that she was channeling this old woman when she wrote it.  

------

I spent an afternoon with my best friend Norma in Oshkosh. She lives in Chicago but comes up a couple of times for visits with her family ... and with me.  After we had lunch at Primo, one of the best restaurants in the area, we went off on our favorite past times, checking out the St.Vincent de Paul store. 

I explained to Norma that Gary and I may have money now but I still prefer shopping at re-sale stores. The reason is simple.  If I went to an expensive shop, I would have to try things on for proper fit. If I were to buy something that costs over $50, I certainly would want it to fit well and look good on me.

When I go to a re-sale store, I spend $2 tops. Therefore, I don't bother trying it on in the store.  I take it home.  If I've guessed right, I haven't wasted time.  If I guessed wrong, I sell the item at my next rummage sale and recoup the loss. 

-----
Only 82 more days until the spring equinox.  Today we in this part of Wisconsin added 30 seconds to the day.  In another week we'll be speeding up. Today I was listening to one of my favorite songs, Bob Seger's Roll Me Away.  Whenever I go on tour in the summer, I begin a trip with this song. 


So the song sings to me of summer days on the road.  And like Bob Seger, when I see a "young hawk flying" my soul begins to rise.  


No comments:

Post a Comment