Thursday, December 26, 2013

Cookies and Soup

By the end of Christmas Day, the three platters of cookies I baked and Evan frosted were almost gone and I have two more celebrations to go.  Tonight I am baking another batch of snickerdoodles, so the cinnamon is scenting the house once again.

Gary is at a meeting in Appleton.  One of his good friends is bringing cookies. It is my hope that some will make it here for my next gathering tomorrow.

It is also soup making time using the ham left over from our Christmas Eve feast.  Yesterday, on Christmas Day, I made a pot of a rich bean soup that I will serve topped with grated cheddar cheese.  Today, I made a potato soup.

Now I am out of containers for the soup.  Tomorrow I will be shopping for more because on Monday, after Sunday's gathering with Gary's family, I will be making split pea soup.  By New Year's Eve, it will be time for another batch of vegetable soup.

By the end of January, I will have to roast the turkey that resides in the freezer in the basement.  That will lead to turkey dumpling soup.  All told, I figure to have enough soup stored up to take us through the Equinox.

--

Speaking of the Equinox, we now have added a full minute to our day. It is yet 83 days until we have twelve hours of daylight.

Today I was listening to "Summer Breeze" by Seals and Croft.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsW8rXPcnM0

I love the video of summer time.  I am so, so anxious for blue water and green forests.


No comments:

Post a Comment