Thursday, October 10, 2013

Today

I guess we are getting old. This morning the Timber Creek Tree Service came to trim our trees that were hanging over the house because of an insurance audit.
This was the highlight of our day.  It made me think of my father who used to look forward to the garbage truck going by once a week.  Still I thought the guy up in the tree was so cool, moving the arm so smoothly through the middle of the tree.

Gary asked him not to drop branches on the forsythia bush below and though the branches came down this way and that, the bush will survive.  Amazing.

Gary had an appointment in Appleton today.  He asked if he could take my car since it gets good mileage. He filled it with gas and was about to go when he remembered that his appointment was with at a car dealership.  His van was getting its annual checkup and oil change.  So there was no taking MY car!

Gary is getting forgetful lately. This morning he turned on the furnace to warm up the house then forgot to turn it off.  All day long, I kept thinking I was having hot flashes and it wasn't until late this afternoon that I discovered what the problem was.  In my younger days, I would have figured things like that out a lot sooner.

We're both getting old. It's good thing we have each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment