Monday, October 7, 2013

Preparing for the Holidays

Today I got out our Halloween decorations.

I used to do a lot more at Halloween, putting up decorative clings on the windows and hanging bats and ghosts around inside and out.  Now I down to some orange lights and six electric jack o'lanterns.

The jack'o lanterns serve another purpose and that is as decoration when I am out telling stories in late October. I tell ghost stories so the ambiance must be right.  I want the stage to be largely dark but these pumpkins put off enough lights so that the audience can see my face just enough.




While I was hunting for Halloween, I found the Christmas decorations, and that included the Christmas cards I bought post-Christmas (90 percent off!). Usually, I am tearing the house apart looking for the cards I bought.  This year, I'll be ready to start addressing them. Unless I lose them again between now and the end of November. 

No comments:

Post a Comment