Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Book, Stuff and Onions

Wade e-mailed to let Betty and me know that he finished the e-book and set the wheels in motion with one click of his mouse.  Black Coffee Fiction, Volume 2: 33% More Caffeine, will be available through Amazon.com and Smashword in ten days.

Once Wade finished that, he started on the paperback.

It is so exciting to have another book on the way.

* * *

Gary had a doctor's appointment this morning. I offered to go with him, partly out of concern and partly to keep an eye on him.  I didn't go.  After his appointment, he went to Best Buy and came back with another television for my office.  I now have a big screen. I don't see the point. To me it is just another gadget. He is sure I will be watching videos but that isn't going to happen. I usually play the TV in the evening, but more than watching, I am listening as I work on this computer.

When we were in Appleton on Sunday, I talked him out of getting that television. Once out of my sight ...

I think we have seven televisions now. Next time he sees the doctor, I will go along.

* * *

Today, I checked the weedy mess that is my vegetable garden.  I found three cucumbers, one tomato and a bunch of onions. I pulled everything out. Because we are likely to be moving next summer, I have no plans for another. There were enough onions to last until January.

Tomorrow, I will be working on the apple tree. If I get some non-wormy apples, we'll have pie. I might make some apple walnut bread, too.

Gary is going to bring the trailer from Manzke farm.  We will be cutting down the shrubs, including the peony bushes, then haul the refuse out to the dump.

There's always something to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment