Saturday, March 9, 2013

Rain

It's been steadily raining for over three hours. It is melting away the snow, good news for this spring lover, but as the temperatures go down tonight, the rain will turn to ice.  The ice could cover the sidewalks and once again, my walks would be curtailed.

Or it could just continue to rain through tomorrow.  If that happens I won't be able to walk either.  It is a good thing that I went for a walk this morning and brought my weeks mileage to 14.  That was my goal this week. Every week I will add two more miles, which means my goal next week is 16.  The theory is that I will be up to 40 miles a week by the first of June.  The theory is also that I will lose 30 pounds by the end of the summer but that remains to be seen.

If the rain clears out the snow drifts out back, I hope to get back there to fill the bird feeders which have been empty for about a week.  I would like to make it to the composter, too, with the frozen garbage stashed in the garage.

***

Today I decided on the name of the collection of short stories I'm working on:  Decades of Love and Other Disasters. 

Now to get busy and finish it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment