Friday, March 8, 2013

Euphoria

After a bad session with Seasonal Affective Disorder in February, I've come out the other side and gone into a euphoric state.  

Today, the sun was shining and moderate temperatures allowed me to walk without a winter jacket.  Last week, I walked twelve miles.  This week I'm aiming for eighteen.  If this keeps up I won't add St. John's wort to my pill container next week. 

Gary told me that he will be here for a few days next week to help clear the basement. With all the snow this winter, we'll have a little flooding down there, not enough for any serious damage but any cardboard boxes on the floor could be ruined. We have to raise everything by six inches to avoid damaging their contents.  At the same time, he will be here to celebrate my St. Patrick's Day birthday.  I look forward to a little pampering.

Today I finished another short story.  As I wrote yesterday, I had the story firmly in my mind.  It took forty minutes of writing and half an hour of editing. It's title is "Coyotes".  It can be found at Black Coffee Fiction: 
http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com  As always, I like comments, criticism and applause. 

Once I finished the story I walked downtown to Sissy's for some "Midnight in Bordeaux" ice cream which seems to be a variant on Ben and Jerry's "Cherry Garcia" ice cream.  Delicious no matter what the name. Francine and Sandi told me that they sold one of my romance novels.  I had a copy of "Coyotes" with me so they read that right away. 

Sandi is demanding that I hurry with my next project, a collection of love stories.  I set up the book yesterday so when I came home, I worked on the first of the sixteen stories and put it into the book.  If I were able to edit a story a day I would have the book ready for publication by the end of March. I am looking at a more realistic goal of three a week.  

So I am producing, exercising, and planning for the future.  Not a bad way to come into spring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment