Monday, March 4, 2013

Hope

I went to the Muehl Public Library this afternoon and sure enough, the snowdrops were up and in bud.  Spring is here and it can't escape me now.


Flowers come up early next to buildings. I remarked to someone that some heat must be escaping from the library and she said, yes, they would have to do something about that. I agreed but then realized how much I would miss those snowdrops each spring.

Back home, I looked in vain for any sign of snowdrops or crocuses.  I never planted any next to my house because I like the European idea of planting flowers so that I can see them out my windows. Americans plant everything against the house, making their shrubs and flowers a show for outsiders.  My crocuses are on a strip on the property line. When the snow melts I will see the snowdrops from the dining room. That will be at least a week from now. 

Another walk downtown took me back to Sissy's to finish the display of Seymour's authors.  Susan Manzke, Colette Bezio brought our books there on Saturday, but we needed a sign. I tacked it up then had some cherry chocolate ice cream to celebrate.  
Now we're ready to sell our novels and collections.  

No comments:

Post a Comment