Monday, February 18, 2013

Turnaround

The weather channel told us here in Northwest Wisconsin that we could expect sleet by afternoon. It seemed I would spend another day inside but I woke up to Rascal Cat and sunshine.  

I checked the hourly forecast and it looked like I would stay dry at least until eleven and the thermometer stood at 35 degrees, so out the door I went at 9:45.  I walked downtown and stopped at Sissy's to talk to Francine and Sandy.  When we had our book signing on Saturday, Francine told me we could sell our books at their tea shop.  It would cost us $4 a month for a four foot wide shelf, plus they would take twenty percent on each sale.  We would have to rent the shelf for two months.  

I talked to Susan, Colette, and Wade.  Each of us would pay $2 for the shelf.  We wouldn't make as big a profit on the books, but it would have the books out there until we have another opportunity for a book signing, a stint at the Seymour's farmers market or in my case, a workshop and a tour in Canada.  If we don't sell any of the books at Sissy's, our loss would only be $2 each but I feel we'll do well there. I feel better having the books out there, rather than storing them in my closet until summer. 

I shopped for groceries at Don's Quality Market. I follow sales carefully.  Today I saved forty percent on my purchases. I brought them home, put them away and out the door I went again.  There still was no rain. I found some cat food for Rascal at the Dollar General on Highway 54.  When I got home, miracle of miracles, he liked it and he has been very fussy lately. 

Out the door I went again.  The weather channel is forecasting cold for the rest of the week so this was my big chance to get some exercise.  I went to the library, but my friend Dan was standing outside his house next door to to report on birds.  There are rough legged hawks out on Coopers Road, he told me.  We thought I might find snowy owls in either Hofa Park or the Freedom area.  It will be cold for the next of the week, but I will take a drive with my camera and binoculars to see what I can find. 

I returned a book at the library and finally arrived at home, footsore and happy. I finally had a good day of exercise, transacted some business, and found out where the birds are. 


No comments:

Post a Comment