Thursday, January 17, 2013

Waiting

These are days of waiting.

The proof copy of the novel is on the way.  It could arrive any time now.  Until it arrives, I can do nothing about publication.  I wait at the front window each day, waiting for the postal carrier.  Maybe tomorrow.  All my writing has come to a stop.

I wanted to begin packing the car today for the trip, but with frigid temperatures I couldn't do that.  It will wait for a warmer day.  I can gather the camping gear together until then.

I have to look presentable when I tell stories.  Today I tried on my costumes and washed the ones that needed it.  I went to Hair Graphics to get a haircut from Melissa.  She is a wonder at her craft.  She even trims my eyebrows!

I worked on my itinerary.
On January 29:

            1:30 p.m Performance
            Parkway Cove Assisted Living
            805 Bert Johnston Avenue
           Covington TN 38019
           901 313-8618

After the performance, drive to Grenada 2-1/2 hours
            Motel 6 Grenada, MS (if the weather is cold)
            I-55 and Exit 206 Hwy 8W
           234 Frontage Road
           Grenada, MS 38901
           662-226-1111

Motel 6's are inexpensive.  No frills but since I only need a place to sleep, that's all I need. Motel 6's have the advantage of good internet service. 

That night I could also drive to Goodman, Mississippi - 3 hours   (If the weather is warm enough)
         Holmes State Park
         5369 State Park Road
         Durant, MS 39063
         662-653-6888     (Hunting season so there will be dogs in the park.)  

This time of year, I have to have alternate plans depending on the weather. I don't mind rain, but these old bones now ache when the weather is too cold.  For each performance, each stop, there will be a map.  

And so the itinerary goes, all the way to the Gulf and back. Of course, there are always adaptations as a trip progresses.  When I traveled through the West for over a month, I only stayed where I expected to stay three nights.  

I wait, too for news from Gary.  His aunt has become unresponsive and will not live long.  

So he waits, as do I.   

No comments:

Post a Comment