Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Paperback Process Goes On

This morning I found out that the Create Space reviewing process found my work good and we proceeded to the next stage.  I ordered the proof of Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Promises, which should reach me by Friday or Saturday.

When I receive it, I have to go through the book three times:
-- I have to check the format, page numbers and the spacing.
-- I will check the Chapter Headings to make sure they are consistent
-- I will look for typos or grammatical errors while being fully aware that you never catch them all.  

Next I'll have to arrange for someone else to read it to get a second opinion, though in fact, the book has already been read as an e-book.  My friends told me problems there which I then corrected.

I have to get everything in the proof checked over as soon as possible so that I can order copies to take with me on the tour. It will take another five or six days for them to be shipped.  Since I will be leaving on the tour, I will have the book sent to Gary down in Illinois where I will be staying for two or three days at the beginning of the tour.

So it is a matter of timing on this.  If the books fail to arrive, I won't be able to sell them at any of the libraries I visit down South.

Even if I don't have the Yesterday's Secrets, Tomorrow's Promises, I will have copies of Black Coffee Fiction with me.

Both books will be with me at a book signing on February 16 and again the first Saturday in March during a workshop for Fox Valley Technical College.

My life is like a jigsaw puzzle.  Much planning is required to make all the parts fit together.  




No comments:

Post a Comment