Saturday, January 5, 2013

Support

Over the past two days, I've gone back and forth trying to get the romance e-novel where I could make corrections. I couldn't get into the account.  I contacted the support line and the staff sent me e-mails telling me how to change the book, which I couldn't do since I couldn't get into the account.  They gave me the phone number of the password support people.

Huzzah, I could talk to a live person.  But the person changed the password and I found out that was only good to get into another account.  The solution, an e-mail address which took me back to the original staff who once again couldn't get my account number but gave me a phone number which was the same as the other.

We went back and forth one more time and then a miracle occurred.  I was sent a customer satisfaction survey which I promptly filled out....with nothing good to say.

I got a phone call about a minute later.  The caller asked me what went wrong and I explained the whole problem to him.  He set to work. As it happened, the support staff guy was two desks away and between them, they were finally able to get the problem solved.

I now have access to the e-book.  I expect it will only take a day or two to make the corrections and re-post it. Once that is done, I can go ahead and work on the paperback. With a some hard work and a little luck I'll have all that done in time to get the book checked over and a proof made. I'll check over the proof before I got to Mississippi and order books in time for a Valentine's Day book signing.

I also was able to find out how sales were going.  I hadn't had a report in over a year.  I never made much in royalties since I never did much about publicizing the book, but I sold a few, mostly in the United Kingdom.  I wonder why.

Once I have everything in order, the PR blitz begins.  


No comments:

Post a Comment