Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Fresh Start in 2013

Today's accomplishments:

I labeled all the photos I placed in the 2012 scrapbook. As Gary and his sister work through the old farmhouse in Dixon, they are finding boxes of unlabeled photos.  I've labeled all of mine and put them in scrapbooks, 40 so far.

I cleared the bulletin board in my office.  This is where I tack business cards and odd pieces of paper that are not worth filing yet need to be kept for a while to see if I need them.  Once a year I throw most of them out.

I deleted around a hundred documents.  I cleared out paper from my filing cabinets.  If I haven't used a file in three years or more it likely will be recycled.  

Today is the day I put all the old newspapers and magazines into the recycling bin.  If we haven't read them by now, they won't get read.  Every year there are fewer as we glean news on the Internet

I sorted through books, videotapes, and DVDs I might want to donate to the library. I gather up clothes that will go to Goodwill.  These go in my car so I'll remember.

I planted the first bulbs, some daffodils I have been forcing in the refrigerator.  I set up the schedule for weekly plantings.

I went through e-mails, answered some, deleted some, printed out some, and moved others to folders.

One last thing:  I changed the sheets on my bed.  In November, I switched from cotton to flannel sheets as the days grew shorter and the nighttime temperatures dropped below freezing.  The last two or three weeks, Wisconsin has been frozen and last night we dropped below zero F. for the first time.  I cannot deny winter. Flannel sheets no longer work.  The fleece sheets went on.  Somewhere around the last week in February, flannel will return and on the first day of spring, cotton will return.

I am ready for 2013.



No comments:

Post a Comment