Saturday, December 15, 2012

Bread, Books and Enchildads

We were about to run out of bread so I decided I had better bake some. I had already started when Gary woke up and asked if I would like to go out for breakfast.  Sorry, I said, I'd already eaten, besides I had that bread to contend with.  "Go ahead," I told him and off he went to Kary's Restaurant out on Highway 54.   

I finished the bread off and went to work on another writing project.  I have so much to do before the end of the year if I want to meet my 2012 goals. 



This afternoon we held our local writers' book signing at Sissy's.  We enjoyed our customers and each other, ate desserts and had tea and coffee.  In the photo, two customers talk to Colette Bezio, Wade Peterson and Susan Manzke.  Janice Kaat had to work late so wasn't in the photo. She came in later.

In the end we all sold some books and went home with money in our pockets. In addition, another customer came in and asked us if we would like to do another book signing in August. It will be held here in Seymour, so we agreed.  By then I expect to have two other books to sell.

Chris, Tisha and Evan came to the signing, too.  I had already given Tisha her book but she wanted Wade and I to sign it.  While she was at it, she bought Colette's book for Evan.

Afterwards, Gary joined us for a second round of eating at Kary's Restaurant.  Kary's family are Mexican-Americans so even though the menu includes American cuisine, I always order from the Mexican page and am well pleased.

It was a day of literature and food.  What could be better?




No comments:

Post a Comment