Thursday, November 1, 2012

Skyping with Evan

Tonight I Skyped with my grandson.  I haven't seen him in over a month. For a while I was having a health issue so I wasn't going far from home and then Evan went to Disney World with "Those People He Lives With, as Gary calls Chris and Tisha."  He is in Appleton now, a mere sixteen miles away, but these days he is busy with school. I've missed him.  It was great to see that sweet little face, even on a computer screen.

So when Evan Skyped me, what did he have to show me?  Loot.  He had trick or treated in Disney World where he got almost 200 pieces of candy.  Then last night he went out again with his mother and scored 93 more bits.  I think he showed me every piece of candy especially the bag of Snickers bars he put aside for me.  Then he asked me what kind of candy Gary wanted.  We settled on Kit Kat bars. Tisha and Chris plan  on taking much of the candy to share with workers but Evan had a very red tongue so he seems to be dipping into his stash.

He showed me his Halloween costume.  He had a complete Captain America suit, including boots and gloves and his pride, the biceps.  I asked him if he was speedy and he said he was. Tisha said he's been doing a lot of running around.

We'll probably see Evan this weekend and in December he's all mine for an evening while his parents go to a party.  Meanwhile, we Skype.  


No comments:

Post a Comment