Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Snickers

Is there anything better than a Snickers candy bar? It has it all, creamy nougat, nuts, caramel and chocolate.

Years ago, I had a temporary job in the sales department at M&M/Mars in Oak Park, Illinois. It was next to the factory so chocolate was in the air all the time.  On each desk there was a basket of fun sized M&M/Mars candy. I thought, I'll get over my Snickers fixation  by working here. But at the end of every day, every Snickers bar in that basket was gone. I had to quit before I blimped up.

When my son went Halloween trick-or-treating we had one simple rule. He could keep all the candy he collected...except for the Snickers bars which belonged to me. After all, I made his costumes, that should count for something.

When my grandson began to do the usual October begging, my son explained that his grandmother got all the Snickers.  Evan thought that was reasonable, too so every year I can expect a little bag of treats.

So when Chris, Tisha and Evan went to Florida's Disney World last week on a special trick-or-treating trip, sure enough, Evan thought of me. I guess Goofy and Mickey and the gang also handed out fun sized candy bars.

Hence, this photo:

I'll see Evan this weekend.  My mouth is watering already!

No comments:

Post a Comment