Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween

I always wait until the actual day of Halloween to get the treats for the trick-or-treaters.  Some years, I've been called to go out and tell ghost stories though this year it was the week before.  Last year, I worked at the Methodist Halloween party and wasn't home to hand out candy.  One thing is certain, I don't want candy left.

Today, at noon, Gary and I went to the Family Dollar where I found some really cool eyeball gum.  I figured the kids would love that and two eyes per treat bag would be right.  I calculated how many children we could expect considering that we were going to leave a little after 5:00 pm to go to Sissy's for the Boo Buffet.

The children started to arrive here at just before 4:00 and I began to realize I was going to run short of those eyeballs. I started to recalculate and it didn't work out.

Then Gary confessed all.  He had nabbed about ten of them.

After sixty trick or treaters, I ran out of candy. We left for the buffet a little early.  A shame because those munchkins loved the idea of eyeballs staring at them out of their trick-or-treat bags.

At Sissy's we had chili, nachos and hot dogs at the buffet and got a trick-or-treat bag though in the end, I left mine behind because the Boo Buffet was very successful and I didn't want to leave Donna and Pat short.  I came home and asked Gary about his bag...but everything in it was gone.

Oh well, there's still the Snickers bars from Evan.

No comments:

Post a Comment