Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Another Milestone

Today, with the help of Polish readers, Black Coffee Fiction, the blog I began with Wade Peterson, reached its 7500th "hit".  We started Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com in September, 2011.

I passed 25,000 "hits" on this blog a couple of weeks ago, but but that was over two years ago and I post daily. At Black Coffee Fiction we post weekly with a short story every Friday so 7500 readers in only a year is impressive.

I began a Twitter account a couple of weeks ago posting as Colleen Sutherland@MathomGardens.  It takes time to build readership.  So far I have five people following my tweets. I would be discouraged, but I know that consistent and regular posts are the secret of success. I stop in at Twitter several times a day to leave "tweets".

We began Black Coffee Fiction with five readers.  I began this blog with two.  I fully expect that after a year, I'll have the same success with Twitter. 

----------------

One thing that helps those of us that mess around with social networks is the advance in internet translators.  In the past I could only read the comments in English or French, but now I can chat with people from all over the world no matter what their language.  I am now reading comments from Spanish and Icelandic followers.

What a brave new world!


No comments:

Post a Comment