Thursday, October 18, 2012

Just Like That

It seemed like it was going to be a quiet winter, just me and this computer and fingers tapping away on stories. Then things began to change.

Wade and I got our book done and sent off to be proofed.  We'll get the results a week from tomorrow. We'll have the paperback books in our hands by the first week in November. We have already set up the first book signing for November 14 at Sissy's.  I've been working on the publicity for that, so today I stopped at the library to talk to Colette.  She will be joining us at Sissy's with her own book, The Witch of Crabapple Castle.  She's doing the poster for the event so we discussed that. Susan Manzke will sign Words in My Pocket the same day.  I have to have the press releases done by next week.

I came home and called Ben, at Copper Rock North, the coffee shop where Wade and I have met so many times as we worked on our stories.  Ben said we could do a book signing at the Copper Rock, too, on November 17.  That means a whole new set of press releases and posters.  No problem!

Then I heard from a librarian in Mississippi.  I am getting closer to a winter tour to the Gulf of Mexico. I should get confirmation on that by tomorrow.

Follow that with an e-mail from the Power of the Pen director.  Power of the Pen is a series of Fox Valley Technical College workshops on writing.  Wade and I are invited to present on writing a short story blog which is so, so exciting.

Then my friends agreed on a date for a meeting in Illinois to replace the one I had to cancel this month.  At the end of April, we'll be at Pere Marquette State Park, and of course, I have to re-schedule a tour to go with that meeting.  It's how I pay for my travels.

With all that I have to find time to organize a summer reading program tour for July.

I have to get my Love Through the Decades book ready for publication by Valentine's Day.

There's Thanksgiving Day with my family.  There's the Saturday after Thanksgiving with friends.  There's my annual Solstice Party to plan.  Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.  Plans, plans, plans.

It is not going to be a quiet winter after all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment