Friday, October 19, 2012

Happy Anniversary!!

Today marks the second anniversary of this blog, started in a Fox Valley Technical College workshop taught by Nikki Kallio.  By the end of that morning, I sent out my first post. In those early days, I had four or five readers, but over the years that has changed dramatically.  Today I have readers from around the globe as shown by this list of "hits" from the past week:

United States
153
Russia
21
France
4
Ukraine
4
United Kingdom
3
Indonesia
2
Japan
2
Poland
2
Argentina
1
Australia
1




This blog has become my journal. Sometimes I have exciting news for my readers sometimes it's just another slow day. I've taken them along on my storytelling tours, let them look at my garden, tell them about my cat.  I don't know that I've kept any secrets at all, even letting the world know about my colonoscopy.

Gary doesn't seem to mind.

This blog led to a second with Wade Peterson, Black Coffee Fiction.  http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com
featuring our weekly short stories.  This week it's Wade's turn about a meat cleaver, a violent little piece.  Next week, I'll try my hand at a ghost story.

That blog led to our collection of stories which is available as an e-book and in another two weeks, as a paperback.  The book led us down yet another path. Because of our experiences, Wade and I have been invited to present another Fox Valley Technical College workshop in the spring on the topic of writing a fiction blog.

I wonder if one of the students in our workshop will use it as a jump start to new endeavors. We hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment