Friday, August 31, 2012

Bathroom Problems

After our trip to Canada, Gary's nephew came over to paint the bathroom.  He's an expert who stripped, scraped and treated before he applied the paint.  

But before he started, Gary took everything out of the bathroom, including towels, personal hygiene items, nostrums, and miscellaneous stuff and stored it away until he could install the new vanity and shelves.  Then he went camping. That was several months ago and everything is still somewhere in crates and boxes. 

The problem is now that I am home, I have no idea where anything is. I seem to have a cold, but I don't know where any of the medications are.  There are some antihistamines I keep in my purse in case I start sneezing while I am storytelling, but my real problem today is a painful ear infection.  I know that somewhere in this house there is a lovely fizzy ear spray that has always done the trick with ear problems but where could it be now?  

I've looked all over the house.  It isn't in the kitchen, living room or my office.  Gary is a pack rat so there are boxes all over the house filled with junk (treasures) but where are the things I need?   I found another ear spray down in the basement...who knows how old...and am using that.   

Gary will be home from his camping trip tomorrow.  He has some explaining ... and clearing ... to do. 

Meanwhile, I am gargling and taking Tylenol.  

****
Bettyann Moore has added another story at Black Coffee Fiction http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com.  "Listen" is one of her oblique stories that makes the reader think, and think some more. 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment