Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Sometimes there are busy days and this was one of them.

Chris, Tisha, and Evan came to Seymour to celebrate the day, sort of.  I don't think Chris even knew it was Father's Day until I brought it up.  We don't tend to make a big deal about those things.  However, I suggested we go out to eat to a restaurant he would like which meant the China Garden.  Like most computer technicians, he loves Chinese.  I like Chinese food, too, so I was being sneaky about that one. Nothing better than crab rangoon.

Later, the four of us were at the Seymour Aquatic Center paddling around the small pool.  Evan and I like to play "elephant" with the "noodles", the colorful long tubes children use as flotation aids.  They are hollow, so we could hold them under water, then blow on one end, squirting water at each other.  Evan tried to sneak up on me, but I fooled him every time and he would get a face full of water.   He always laughed, a seven year old good sport, but he said I was sneaky.  Then Chris got involved. too, More splashing for Evan as he found out his father inherited sneakiness. I helped Evan splash his Daddy.  It's good to pass traits on to the next generation.

*****
Gary came home from Lost Lake tonight.  Home is the camper, home is the canoeist, home is Rascal's best friend.

Rascal has turned his attention from me to Gary, telling him of the terrible treatment he had at my hands, with expressive meowing.   It is fine with me if Gary takes over the complaints department.


No comments:

Post a Comment