Saturday, June 16, 2012

Rain

Last night, once again, rain was forecast.  It didn't rain.  The drought continued.  It was water the gardens again, or take desperate measures. 

While waiting for someone who wanted to dig up plants, I took cushions out to the lawn furniture and got comfortable with a book. In five minutes, it began to rain.  I took the book inside, but it was too late for the cushions, which were soaked.  The people showed up and decided there was no point in going into the gardens in the rain.

Ten minutes after they left, the thunderstorm was over.  It will take days for the cushions to dry out but I left them out there anyhow.  

Mid-afternoon, I weeded the vegetable garden.  I looked at the garden tools and carefully laid them on the back deck and said to the clouds above, "I'll put them away later."  The next thunderstorm rolled in fifteen minutes later. 

For the rest of the day, whenever clouds approached from the west, I challenged them.  I left a car window open, just a crack and sure enough, another shower.  I took a walk and came back wet.  I didn't mind at all, in fact, I danced home in the rain. 

The gardens are perking up nicely.  I think I am on to something here. 

Maybe I'm a rain goddess. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment