Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Another Look

Gary returned from Laura Lake this afternoon and immediately began to help me with my gardening.  First, he mowed the lawn, then he began to move yard waste from the gardens to his trailer, parked over at Elaine's house.  I waited to help unload the wheelbarrow, holding my camera.
As I watched him coming up the hill, I looked down at my yard and then it hit me.

Up until now, I had concentrated on this flower bed or that, weeding, dividing, transplanting.  There were so many weeds, so much that was overgrown, that I thought of it as a jungle and despaired of ever getting it in shape. I was looking at it in small segments  But this evening, watching Gary I saw the whole thing below, I thought, wow!  I am making progress. 
The vegetable garden is almost planted. The peas and onions are up.  In another two weeks, our vegetables will come from our garden, not the grocery store. There are some parts of the yard that are complete.  Paths are clear, benches wait those who want to sit and contemplate for a while.  From the back yard deck, we can sit and look down at it all. 
I'm not done, it's a far cry from that.  I think I will be working on it all summer.  But the worst of the jungle has been tamed.  

I'm satisfied.  

No comments:

Post a Comment