Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Clearing

I have about forty different flower beds on my property, none of them big, but still, many flowers over the year. Some just bloom here for us, but others will be made up into bouquets for friends.

But first all those beds need to be cleared.

Two years ago, my knee was so  badly damaged that I walked with a cane and wore a knee brace.  That spring, I didn't do much clearing at all.  Last spring, we had rain, rain, more rain, interspersed with snow storms all the way to May. I still had a sore knee though it was improving.  By mid-May, we began our camping trips and of course, I did a six week summer tour.  The result was two years of weeds.  That is what I am trying to rectify this spring.

I've set myself a goal of clearing two beds a day.  If the weather holds, I could have the job done by mid-April, but of course, it is still spring though it seems like summer.  We can still expect snowstorms or rain and then their are those nature adventures that keep cropping up.  

I can only work when I can and hope that by the end of May the gardens are restored to what they once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment