Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Way We Were

Today, Chris brought Evan over and for a while we watched some of my family movies but they didn't interest Evan much.  He is still too young to understand family history or the idea of time. 

But Gary and I understand all too well.  We were such adorable children once.  Where did the time go?   This little boy with golden curls from Dixon, Illinois, once pedaled his tricycle to go see his father at work.  He got as far as the busy Lincoln Highway before someone stopped him.  


Then he grew up to be a man of mature years.  (I still think he's cute. There's still a little boy in there.)



And of course there was the little girl, also with golden curls, who lived on a farm near Seymour.  She loved to disappear into the woods.  (She still does.)

She loved stories and books, and she grew up to be me, such as I am, telling stories to little children.


That is our story.  I hope some day Evan will remember us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment