Saturday, February 11, 2012

Waiting for Spring


Thirty nine days until spring and we are all waiting, including Rascal.

For a week or so, the weather was unseasonably warm, then yesterday, we had a snow storm.  I feel cheated somehow, that we are thrust back into winter.  

So I began to plant stuff, using seeds and potting soil from 2011.  Gary was complaining that he didn't have any parsley for some concoction he was working on last week, so I planted those and will soon have a nice pot in the kitchen window.  I found two kinds of tomato seeds.  It is way too early, but I planted them anyhow, figuring I can put the seedlings in pots and have sizable plants by the beginning of April.  We can put them out on the deck on warm days and move them back in at night.

I'm watching for some inexpensive herb seeds for other pots.  I would like fresh basil for my soups and Gary like cilantro.

I have some leaf lettuce sprouts already.

These little gardens help me get through the winter days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment