Friday, February 17, 2012

Good News and Bad News

I have good news and bad news.

First the bad news:  Gary got the results from last week's physical and there were some problems he will have to address. His cholesterol and blood sugar are too high.

Now the good news:  Gary has some problems he's going to have to address.  He wants to tackle them without medication and that means he has to watch his diet and get more exercise.  This is good for me because while I don't have problems with cholesterol and blood sugar, I am overweight and have arthritis.  To work on those problems, I have to watch my diet and get more exercise.  Watching my diet while living with a guy who loves cheese, pasta and anything that puts pounds on my hips was impossible

We are finally on the same page.

We will continue going to the fitness center twice a week.  We are eating more vegetables, fruit and fish.  Today, we walked three miles together. As the daylight hours lengthen, we'll walk even more.

Gary's sister helped by sharing a big batch of heart healthy goulash.  I made another batch of spicy vegetable soup.  We shopped for fresh green vegetables.  Our one treat is a couple of squares of dark chocolate every day.

Together we are going to get healthy and have many years of camping, laughing, and traveling.  Working together, we have hopes that we'll even outlive Rascal Cat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment