Thursday, February 16, 2012

Refund Day

There is a day in February I love and today it arrived.

On January 31, I sent my records to my accountant.  Two days ago, I got the folder back with a note from Tom telling me he had filed for my refund electronically.  I could expect my sizable refund from the State of Wisconsin by the first week in March.

The refund arrived this morning.  If you file early in Wisconsin, you get the refund back quickly.

First I made sure that all my bills were paid in full.  There was lots of money left.

I had my yearly eye examination and paid for it in cash.  Lots of money left.

I sent a check off to Tom to pay for his excellent services.  Still lots of money left.

I got my weekly groceries. (The Thursday-Friday sale combined with a lot of coupons, so I saved 52%.)'

And there was still money left, several hundred that I set aside for summer travels. Time to have some fun!

Refund day is like a holiday for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment