Monday, February 27, 2012

The LED Light

Gary found a clever little LED light that clips to my Nook.  At first I could see no use for it, since I read the e-book during the day or at night by the light from the lamp on the bed stand.


Gary thought it would be good for camping.  He said if one of us woke up during the night and couldn't get back to sleep, we wouldn't wake other person in the camper.  With this little lamp, we could read our Nooks at all hours.

I found another benefit last night.  Rascal Cat sleeps at the foot of my bed.  If I should wake up, he immediately wants to play...or nudge me into feeding him.  He comes right up to my face and stares at me.  Sometimes he gets so close his whiskers stick in my nostrils.

Last night, I took the Nook under my quilt to read, covering my head as well.  With the light turned on, I cheerfully read for over an hour.  Rascal could not get at me and soon settled down.

It reminded me of my childhood when I took a flashlight under the covers to read late at night so my mother would not discover me and make me go to bed before I had finished some wonderful book.

I guess the light has its uses.  I will keep it.

No comments:

Post a Comment