Monday, January 9, 2012

January Update

The Illinois motel we stayed at last week sent Gary a survey to find out how satisfied he was with our experience.  As I noted a couple of days ago, we didn't think much of our stay and he let 'em have it with both barrels.  It was too hot, we couldn't adjust the temperature in the room, and the swimming pool was closed.

Today, we received an apology and a refund was added to his account. It pays to have an opinion!

Yesterday I made it official.  I am quitting as the United Methodist choir director at the end of May. I have other projects I want to pursue, including writing, storytelling, and travels.  I'll have to come up with some sort of extra income, but it shouldn't be all that difficult, an article here, a storytelling performance there.  It all adds up.  

Wade Peterson and I agreed today to publish our short stories in both paper and e-book formats.  We are aiming for the end of October.  We'll continue to add to the stories at http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com
so I have to come up with a story by Friday.  For a long time, Wade and I have been dipping into our reserves, but now we are running out of tales and will have the pressure of coming up with original material every other week, plus continue our own blogs. Wade is working on updating "It's a Long Way to the Top" at    http://wadepeterson.wordpress.com

Finally, the last Christmas tree came down today.  In most years, the fake poinsettias in the pots at the front of the house would stay there until spring because they would be frozen in place or covered with snowdrifts.  This year we've had mild temperatures and no snow. I pulled the flowers out this morning.  Sign of global warming?  Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment