Sunday, December 25, 2011

Sloth

There are two days a year I strive to do absolutely nothing.  One is my birthday in March and the other is Christmas Day.  This morning, I stayed in bed until 6:30, when Rascal sat next to my ear and purred loudly.

OK, so I had to get up and feed him, but then I made a cup of tea and did nothing else but read until Gary woke up.

OK, so I made us a high cholesterol breakfast of bacon and eggs, but I left the pans to soak.  It was my day of sloth, so the pans are still there.

I sat and read some more, my feet up. Rascal sat on my lap, enjoying the human cushion.  At  times he went to see what Gary was doing.  Then  I checked Facebook, and played spider solitaire.

For lunch, we went to the China Garden for a delicious meal.  Seymourites still have cottoned to the idea of going to a restaurant on Christmas Day, so we had the place almost to ourselves.

We came home to take long winter naps.

But now sloth is getting wearing.  Restless, I find myself wanting things to do.  I had no intention of posting on this blog today, but a woman has to do something! So instead of actually doing much of anything, I am making up lists of things I will do....tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment