Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Even more tasks .....

This morning I did a final taste test of the bean soup I made yesterday.  It was delicious.  There are fourteen individual servings frozen up.  Now I am wishing that I could remember how I made it.  Three recipes went into it, followed by leftover scalloped potatoes.  That's all I can remember.

I found more tasks to do.  I went through the greeting cards we received this year, saving the most meaningful for the scrapbook. I cut the fronts off some to be used as postcards or gift tags.  

At the end of the year, I put all the magazines and catalogs into recycling bags. These things tend to pile up if they aren't thrown out regularly.  

I went through the CDs containing digital photographs. Some I will put in the safe deposit box in case of fire, though most are in the Walgreens on line photo shop. The best are part of this blog.

I use my big bulletin board as storage for the odd piece of paper that doesn't belong in any specific file. It contains bits of poetry and wise sayings, photos, and menus.


Every year it must be cleared so that I can start over.  This year I want it empty because it will be used to tack bits and pieces of the novel I am working on.

We stopped at the cemetery this morning.  Snow is forecast, so we took away the wreath and candle I had placed on my parents' grave on Christmas Eve.  While we were there we noticed a northern harrier flying over the fields and that reminded me that I must set up the 2012 birding notebook.  

So much to do and only three more days before the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment