Tuesday, December 27, 2011

More End of the Year Tasks

At the turning of the year, there are other items on my "to do" list. 

First is disposing of the food left over from Christmas.  The ham bone went into the pot for bean soup. There were some scalloped potatoes left so I threw them into the soup since a recipe called for potatoes. I say "a" recipe since the soup was concocted out of three recipes to make something original, which I will never be able to repeat again. The cookies are no problem, they disappear quickly. There are only five left.  The chocolates are nearly gone, too. 

The food has left behind residue:  our weight gains.  Add to that there was never much time to exercise.  We're working on that now.  The swimming pool is open again after a pre-Christmas cleaning.  I went today.    Gary and I go to the fitness center to lift weights twice a week.  He is walking on the treadmill there, but I prefer to walk outside in the sunshine.  The days have been sunny and warm so I am once more walking three miles a day, going downtown to shop or down the trail when it is clear. 

Other things to do: I put the birthdays of family and friends in my day planner, to remember to send them cards.   I must also organize things like car maintenance, gardening projects, and bill payments. I want to review my credit cards and decide which of them to cancel.  Then there are the writing projects that must be organized in a logical way.

Only five more days to New Year's Day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment