Thursday, December 22, 2011

Cookies

Mid-December I started baking cookies for my Solstice party.  I made peanut butter blossoms (peanut butter cookies with chocolate kisses on top), pecan puffs and decorated sugar cookies.  The party was not well attended and so there were cookies left.

I've been telling Gary that it must be awfully dry in this house because those cookies evaporated. Not a single one is left. With company coming on Christmas Eve, I've had to go back to baking.  I made pecan puffs tonight and hid them from Gary. Tomorrow I will be making sugar cookies for my grandson to help decorate.  I want to make blueberry scones, too, for another dessert.

I shopped for the party today, buying a nice sized ham, potatoes, milk and more butter for the scalloped potatoes son Chris loves and demands every and for his birthday.  Gary went shopping, too.  He bought doughnut holes dipped in chocolate and covered with sprinkles.

He bought vegetables, too.  We do try for a balanced diet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment