Thursday, November 3, 2011

Getting it All Together

With Dan the handyman out hunting something, I was left to walk Atom and generally care for him all day.  He is the sweetest dog, but boy, this is time consuming!  Today, a new behavior.  He wants to chase cars, which is impossible with me holding his leash, but it meant a lot of jerking on my poor old arms.

After the morning walk, I went to see Atom's mistress and see how she's doing. She is still weak, so it looks like Atom will be my concern until Sunday at the soonest.

Then I took Atom for his second walk of the day.

I met Wade to discuss our short story blog. (http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com) He is on tap for the next story, one of my favorites because it is about writing -- and it is so, so funny!  We agreed on ways to publicize our stories.

Then Gary and I went to see about energy assistance. I told him that he really had no idea what social services were like. He found out that the federal government wants exact documents, even if they logically don't mean much. I would rather do without even if I qualify but he had to have the experience to understand that.

And then I came home to walk Atom.  Afterwards, I worked on the third draft of my novel. Everything I write is a draft -- until suddenly it's not a draft but a real book.  But it's not there yet.

A quick bite to eat and back to walk Atom and give him a pill.

My feet hurt, my arms ache and I am so, so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment