Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dreams

This morning I woke from a camping dream. Perhaps it was the eastern sun streaming through the dark green curtains. It might have been the birds singing their spring songs just outside the window.   Maybe it was the lack of a cat sitting beside my head.  I was certain I was sleeping in my little tent.

I don't think I've completely recovered yet.  

So, I went back to my itinerary to research forest campgrounds.  This time, I worked my way through Oregon, Washington State, and Idaho, all the way to Helena, Montana.  Some of the campgrounds on my itinerary:

July 13:   Rogue River Campground in the Siskiyou National Forest near Medford, Oregon.  Near the Pacific Ocean and not far from Gold Beach, where I will perform the next day.

July 14:  Hebo Lake Campground in the Siuslaw National Forest, near Corvallis, Oregon.  I like camping beside lakes, because a refreshing morning dip is a good way to start the day.

July 15:  Forlorn Lake Campground in the Gifford Pinchot NF at Trout Lake, Washington

July 16:  Mokins Bay, in the Coeur d'Alene River NF, Idaho  (two night stay)

July 18:  Park Lake Campground (two night stay)  Helena National Forest, Montana

I've finished my camping plans for every state now except for California (waiting for a booking there), while keeping in mind that I often change plans as I travel.  Some of those campgrounds could be filled when I arrive, especially on the weekends.

 Perhaps I will stay at United Methodist Church Campgrounds.  There are some in every state in the union.  These often have bunk beds in cabins, handy when the weather turns nasty.  Or I could find a place to stay with new found friends.  One never knows.

Now I look out at the Wisconsin snow...but it is still summer in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment