Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tenting in the national campgrounds

 Since I am in a campground for only one or two nights during my tours, I need quick set up and take down, about fifteen minutes each.  Minimal camping gear is all I need.  Besides my little pop up tent, there's a sleeping bag, self inflating air mattress, pillow, fold up chair, one burner propane cook stove, a pot set, one plate, one set of utensils, water carrier, and two cups (one for possible company),  and that's about it.  In a downpour, I can always sleep in the back of the station wagon.  I have some fire starters, but I usually am too tired or it's too late to bother with a campfire.  In the summer, I warm myself to the glow of sunsets and sunrises over lakes and streams. 

Then I move on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment