Thursday, November 4, 2010

And now it's Idaho

Up until now, I've been sending out e-mails to public libraries in states I've already visited.  I have a good idea of the kind of highways, scenery, and cities I will encounter and a good sense of how long it will take me to drive from one library to the next.

However this week, I am working on a state I've never visited:  Idaho. I know it is a mountainous state.  The Rockies' ridge runs through the entire state.  If the place names are anything to go by, I will be visiting some of the most beautiful places in the United States.  So many of them have "falls", "lake" or "mountain" as part of the city name.

The names are lovely, but  mountain roads are often curvy and slow.  I will have to rely on the librarians to tell me what to expect as I travel through.

No comments:

Post a Comment