Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Memories

Last night I woke up several times thinking about perfect moments in my life. Observation: almost all took place in nature and most of the time, Gary was there. Example: At Lost Lake, Gary woke me up in he middle of the night and led m to the front of he camper. We sat on chairs and waited. Three whitetail deer came out of the mist like ghosts to ommmune with us. They were as curious about us as we were aout them. Magic evening.

At Laura Lake we discoved a rcoon and her cusb in a dumpser.  He ound  a  pine branch and put it in.  Theracccoons managedmanged t oclimb out. 


We canoed down the Wolf River folloing juvenile bal eagles trying out their flying skills.

I remember parking my old Datsun pckupup truck in a church camp meadow and sleeping :) with Gary in the back while watching a lunar elipse.

I also remember a group of women friends holding an "intervention"to convince me to break up  w ith Gary before he reachedecovery.  I am so glad I ddidn't listen to them.

Tonght I found a collection of w orld poeotry which included " Black Maigold's"which I first read in John Steinbeck's Cannery Row.
Th Sanskrit poem tells the story of a peasant who dared to love a prhincess and is being put o death. This is  the last verse.

"Even now
I know tht I hare savored the hot taste of life
LIfting geen cups and gold at  the great feast.
I have full in my eyes from  off my girl
The whitest outpouring eternal light


After a lifetime of adventures and a great love, I feel that I too have l ifted green cups and gold.

No regrets.






No comments:

Post a Comment