Wednesday, October 16, 2013

That's the Way it Goes

Tonight there was a big meeting at the Manawa High School because the school system received a low grade in the state report card.  Angry parents were demanding why.

And there I was at the library doing a book talk. Only four people came by to hear me. But an audience is an audience and I gave it my all.  I talked about blogging, writing, self-publishing and even storytelling.  In the end I sold two books.

Now I must move to talk in more libraries and schools about writing. Certainly the most difficult part of self-publishing is getting the word out.  I knew that going in and will continue on.

I did enjoy driving around re-visiting places in Manawa.  I looked out the senior housing development I surveyed when I was on the the Seymour city council.  I came back with a good report and now we have similar housing. The library is situated next to the Little Wolf where Gary and I did our first sturgeon guard.

I stopped at the Little Wolf Market and found wonderful foods and spices at very reasonable prices. I bought a bag of crystallized ginger slices, one of my favorite treats.

So all in all, a pleasant evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment