Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Books ... and a Wart

Tomorrow night at 6:30 pm I will be at the Sturm Public Library in Manawa, Wisconsin, talking about the books I've been writing, lecturing about a writing blog, showing some travel photos.  Afterward, I expect to sell some books.  All of this is at the library's website http://www.manawalibrary.org/  There are some links there that take the readers to Amazon.com.

One book that won't be at Manawa is our new book, Black Coffee Fiction, Volume 2, 33% More Caffeine.  Wade is still working on getting the e-book on Amazon.com and the paperback is still in the future.  However, it can be purchased at Smashwords.  http://www.smashwords.com/  I downloaded a copy onto my Nook reader this afternoon, so I would have the book at the library.

I still have to make up some informational sheets for my audience and write a speech outline. I have some of this in my files already so that won't take long.  I have a case of books, a Sharpie pen for signing. I'll need to get some change at the bank, too.

Yesterday, I re-formulated the Decades of Love and Other Disasters e-book, taking out the page numbers which got in the reader's way.  Now I have to work with tech support to replace the first try.

****
For the past few months I've noticed what I thought was a mole on the back of my arm. I couldn't see it but that's what I felt like. It was getting harder though and I didn't know what that was.  This morning, Gary took a look and told me it was getting red. Was it infected?

I called my doctor and got an afternoon appointment with the nurse practitioner.  I was surprised to find out I had a wart, something new for me.  She treated it, then gave me my flu shot.  While we were at it, she checked out my feet which have been bad all my life.  We set an appointment with a podiatrist. I expect there will be surgery after I get back from Hawaii.

For now, my right arm is starting to ache.  I hope that doesn't interfere with the book signing.

If you are in the area, come see me tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment