Monday, October 14, 2013

Christophe and the Tea Party

When my son Christopher was in grade school, he had a complaint.  I had given him too long a name. His friends had names that worked out to twelve letters or less, but "Christopher Sutherland" was too much trouble to write on his school papers. Even worse, his teachers wouldn't let him just write "Chris".

It was when he was in high school, that computers came into our lives. Around that time, whenever we had to sign up for anything, we had to use specific forms with a box for each letter.  Chris had to write SUTHERLAND CHRISTOPHE because his full name was one letter to long for the forms. Then I started getting junk mail telling me that my son "Christophe" was perfect for the movies, was so smart he should buy such and such a set of encyclopedias, and so on.

Finally the Internet grew up and "Christophe" disappeared. Chris was grown up, married and had a child.

So imagine my surprise this morning when I had a telephone call and the caller asked to talk to "Christophe".

"Who is this?" I asked.

It was the Tea Party Patriots.  I was laughing so hard I never found out what the guy wanted.  "That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard," I said and he hung up.

What we can glean from this is that the Tea Party Patriots have very old computers or spread sheets that go back to the last century. "Christophe" has not lived at this address in almost twenty years.

The biggest advantage the Democrats have over the Republicans is volunteers who are tech savvy.  They also are intelligent enough to know that any child of mine is much too smart to want to have anything to do with a group as racist, homophobic, and downright ignorant as the Tea Party Patriots.  

No comments:

Post a Comment