Friday, September 20, 2013

More Changes Ahead

This morning, Anita Joy's children came to Lake Ottawa to move her out of her campsite. Besides moving the trailer, they had to pack up all her plaques, lawn ornaments and flowers. That must have been something to see, but I wasn't there. I had business here in Seymour so I left early.

Once Anita's spot was vacant, Gary moved our camper there because we will be camp hosts until September 30.  There won't be many campers at all, so the job should be easy, plus we will have the only electrical and water hookups. The cell phone and wi fi connections won't be as good though. We'll likely have to go to the other side of the park with our computers so I can get this column out.

I had other things to do in Seymour. I picked up our mail, returned books to the library and got some groceries. I Skyped with Wade and found out the second volume of Black Coffee Fiction is nearing completion. I have to write a description of my section then I am done. Wade and I thought we would be held up when Colorado flooded leaving our partner Betty stranded in the mountains, but wonder of wonder, her little part of the mountains did not lose electricity or Internet service. She is working on clearing a flooded basement, but took time out to write the ending to her latest Porpoise McAllister story and post it this after noon at Black Coffee Fiction. http://blackcoffeefiction.blogspot.com/2013/09/just-another-obsession_20.html  The book is right on schedule.

Wade is doing a book signing at an Arkansas library. A local teacher there is talking about using our short stories for the yearly forensic contests.  That strikes me as a wonderful idea so I am going to be talking to teachers here in Wisconsin about the project. Bit by bit, our stories are being read.

Late this afternoon, I had to drive into Appleton to do some errands, the most enjoyable of which was making the reservations for my February trip to Kauai, Hawaii.  Kiwi Kay of Kiwi Travel is wonderful at finding bargains. Gary is paying for the trip so we had him on the phone. After talking it over with Kay he decided it would make sense to extend what would have been a one week trip to eleven days and to upgrade from a two star hotel to a five star hotel.

So instead of moping through the winter, I will have Hawaii to look forward to.




No comments:

Post a Comment