Thursday, September 26, 2013

Electricity

I hate to admit it, but I am enjoying having electricity at the host campsite.

There's a heated mattress pad on my bed and an electric heater in my room. No more cold nights, at least until we get to Laura Lake in a week.When I wake up in the middle of the night, I can flick a switch instead of groping for a flashlight.

There's a microwave oven, so last night we snacked on popcorn while we watched Lincoln by way of a DVD on our big screen television. Gary's happy to have his electric coffee maker. I push a button when I wake up. He wakes up to the smell of coffee.  No waiting for it to perk on the gas stove. For the first time this summer, I can use a toaster.  Breakfast is lovely.

I didn't have time to process the apples we picked on Saturday, so I brought apples and the dehydrator to the campground. I am making a batch of apple chips a day.

We have better wi fi reception.  I can type away on this computer for hours without worrying about the battery going dead. I can charge my cell phone and Nook any time.  

I am not kidding myself that this is real camping, I still love my little tent, but now that cold weather is setting in, I don't mind a few luxuries.




No comments:

Post a Comment