Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Zanzibar Chocolate

Ice cream and chocolate are the two most important food groups, so Zanzibar chocolate ice cream is at the top of the food pyramid.  That rich dark chocolate dessert is my favorite treat. The best of the best is an almost custard Zanzibar at the trading post in Iron River, Michigan. Zanzibar's only fault is that it melts quicker than I can swallow it, leaving a sticky mess all over my hands and down the front of my apparel. The dark stains never are completely washed out.

The last time I stopped for it, I was wearing my last clean summer jacket. Sure enough I had chocolate all the way down the front.  I did my best (which is never all that good), but the jacket was ruined.  It is not all that upsetting because I bought the coat at a rummage sale for $1.00.  Still, replacing it might cost more, I thought.

Then I stopped at my second favorite establishment in Iron River, the St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store. This week all clothes marked with green tags were on sale. There was the replacement coat, originally marked $5 by the ladies in the thrift store, but this week ten cents!
I told Gary I was going to throw the old coat away but he suggested I leave it in the car for future Zanzibar eating.  And so it stays, waiting for even more dark chocolate goo.

No comments:

Post a Comment