Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rain and High Winds

We sit in the camper here at Stevens Lake listening to the weather radio.  Storms are tearing through much of Wisconsin but so far the worst has gone around us.  There was one really loud clap of thunder but now there is just the downpour.  There's a little gully beside us that will probably turn into a moat before the night is over.

This business is supposed to continue until 11:00 pm (or 2300 hours) so it looks like a late night.

It is just as well.  I am still working on today's crossword puzzle.  I started it when I got up this morning. What I am finding is that unlike sudoku puzzles, which get easier the more you complete, crossword puzzles get more difficult because the final words are the ones you were stuck on all along. I finally asked Gary for the solution.  He is a walking dictionary.

He is going through real estate listings, still looking for properties. I am ignoring this since he will be the one making the decision, not me.

The generator is running so we have light and power for our computers. We are high and dry and in fine shape, until the weather radio alarm goes off, the signal to take cover. The only place that would give us any protection at all is the campground toilet.

I expect I would take my chances here in the trailer. I am fatalistic about things like that.When camping alone,  I always stay in my tent in the worst storms.  If the loons, mergansers, otters and eagles can ride out a tempest, so can I.

It's going to be a late night though.




No comments:

Post a Comment