Saturday, August 24, 2013

Evan and Me

Tonight Evan and I are sharing an evening while his Mom goes to her 20th high school accompanied by his Daddy.  Chris figures on playing with his cell phone while she talks to everyone.  

Evan and I watched "Wild Kratts", "Garflield" and some other kids' sitcoms on Netflix. Most of the shows are pretty silly, perhaps a step down from Scooby Doo, which is sad.  I did like "Wild Kratts" because in each episode, the Kratt brothers explore some animal. Those were informative.

Next Evan made supper for us, peanut butter on toast.  It was supposed to be peanut butter and honey on toast but there wasn't enough honey for both of us so he thought it would be better not to have any. We had banana toffees for dessert. It wasn't a well balanced meal but hey, he's eight years old and was doing the best he could

Now Evan is playing Monster University.  His little monster just got hit by some kind of blast. "Didn't see that one coming," says Evan. He's been playing this game for two days, he says, so he isn't very good yet.

He has given up on having me play.  It takes me way too long to learn a game and my reaction times are too slow.  Last time I was here he told his parents I was "woefully ignorant" when it comes to computer games. He was right.

Where we will meet will be at bed time when I get to read him his stories.  I am very, very good at that.








No comments:

Post a Comment