Sunday, June 2, 2013

Working at Home

I drove back from Laura Lake this morning.  The fallen tree that covered three-quarters of the road was still there but I managed to drive around it.  Less than a mile later, I met the crew coming down the road to clear the tree.  They were coming down Wall Road so I realized there could be no flooding, so I was able to take the faster route. The rest of the trip was easy.  

There was rain here in Seymour, too, while I was gone. The plants have gone wild.  The Jerusalem artichoke, which is such a nuisance, took off so I spent an hour yanking it out of the ground. I made only a small dent in it all. The asparagus patch spouted out a dozen spears, enough for my supper.  The squash and cucumber vines have taken off.  Next time I am home I will have to do something about training them.  

The flowers continue their march into summer.  The irises are my favorite.  Georgia O'Keefe used to paint irises, showing them as the sexual forms they are....for of course, all flowers are there for sex, the means the plants use for procreation.

I did some work on the photos I've taken since the first of the year.  There's a sale on photos at Walgreens. I'll be going past a Walgreens on my way to the Appleton library tomorrow for the book signing, so I will order the photos via the internet and pick them up then. 

I've been working on a handout for the library presentation.  I will have half an hour to discuss blogging, writing and self-publishing before I begin to sign books.  That's not much time, so I will put some of the information on paper.  

By Tuesday I will be back at Laura Lake, I hope with all my work done. 

---- 
The booksigning and lecture will be at the Appleton Public Library at 4:00 pm.  I'll have my three books there, ready to sign. 











No comments:

Post a Comment